- July 26, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Fix Windows Errors
Windows Defender Error Code 0x800704ec
Windows Defender error code 0x800704ec is a Windows warning that occurs on any version of Windows OS that is associated with an internal antivirus problem. This error usually happens when a Windows user tries to turn on their Windows Protector, which comes integrated with their Operating Systems. In certain cases this error code is typically triggered by a third party of some sort antivirus software, like Norton, Avast and Malwarebytes. All the other reasons behind this error code are a compromised Group policy or damaged Registry data. We know that's really frustrating. Fortunately there are so many helpful ways to fix 0x800704ec error code switched off by Windows Defender. In this post, we'll describe some useful methods by which this error can be solved. You have to follow the steps appropriately:
Ways to Fix Windows Defender Error 0x800704ec
From our work, we've found some fundamental ways to solve the Windows defender error 0x800704ec with ease. You can clearly understand, Hope. So let's test the methods underneath:
Method 1. Enable the Windows Defender Services
It is the first step which we will explain to you. In this stage, at first, you must simultaneously press the Windows key and the R key, and open the Run dialog box.
- Now, in the Run box, type “services.msc” and select the OK button.
- After that, if the Status column is blank then right-click the service.
- Then, you have to select the Start for enabling.
Method 2. Uninstall or Disable Third-party Antivirus Software
Often, third party antivirus software may cause this problem. And in that case, the third-party antivirus program must be disabled or deinstalled. You must select the Start menu option to perform this function, and then type "power" in the search menu option. Now, the Control Panel must be selected from the list. In inspection stand,, you have to select the Uninstall a program under the Programs. After that, in the program list, locate your third-party antivirus software and double click to uninstall. In this way, you can solve the error code.
Method 3. Change the settings of the Group Policy
If the previous approach is not working out then try this method. This error code can ultimately be caused by incorrect community policy settings. And, if you get the error code again, the community policy settings need to be updated. To do this, you need to simultaneously pick the Windows key and the R key to open the Run dialog box as previous ones.
- Then type "gpedit.msc" in this file, and select the option OK.
- Now, double-click the Administrative Templates folder under Device Setup.
- Double-click the Windows Components until completed.
- You have to pick the Windows Defender Antivirus after you have done all these things.
- Instead, to the right you need to toggle off Windows Defender Antivirus.
Now, double-click Switch off Windows Defender Antivirus to open, and then pick Unconfigured. Finally, press Apply and OK to finish processing. Now, you have to follow the next method below if you get the error code.
Method 4. Use the Registry Editor to fix the issue
This is another handy method that you can try. In this method, at first, you have to open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key and the R key on your keyboard.
- Now, type "Regedit" in the run window, and press OK to proceed.
- Before that you will be accessible to the Registry Publisher.
- Computer\HKEY LOCAL MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Protector should be copied here
- Instead, to open Windows Defender, hit the Enter key.
Now, on the right side, you need to find REG-SZ and double click it for setting its value to 0.
Method 5. Optimize the system
Additional common explanation for this error is a damaged or corrupted machine files. In this stage, to open Command Prompt you must first select the Start menu option and type "cmd" in the search box.
- You now have to type "sfc / scannow" in the Command Prompt window, and hit the Enter.
- Type another two commands, and each time press the Enter key:DISM.exe / Online /Cleanup / Sanitation picture
DISM.exe / Online / Cleanup / Restoration safety picture
If the process is completed, you need to close the Prompt command and then reboot your computer. Now, whether or not the question is solved test.
Related Blog: Windows Update Error 80070103
Method 6. Basic uninstallation to wipe out the problem
If you still get the code for the error then uninstalling will easily solve this problem. In this stage, you must first press both the Windows key and the R key to open the Run dialog box.
- Type "appwiz.cpl" in the Run window, and press the Enter key to start.
- Now, you need to check for the Antivirus software that you want to uninstall.
- After that pick the option Uninstall.
- If the procedure is complete, you need to restart your machine.
Now you should have the Windows Defender available. If not, then turn it on. To do so, the control panel has to be opened. Then type "Windows Defender" in the search bar, the top right portion of which is located. Finally, turn it on and check whether the problem is solved or not.
So, these are the ways to fix the Windows Defender error code 0x800704ec . Hope, you will find this article very helpful. You've got to really carefully read and follow the steps. We have streamlined all the steps so that what you have to do, you can easily understand. Also, if you get the code for the mistake, then we recommend you opt for better advice from an expert.