The Windows 10 Fall Creators Update attained with many accessible features. And one FCU feature can assist you to free up disk space on your hard drive using the power of the cloud. It’s known as OneDrive Files On-Demand, which has been designed from the ground up for enterprises. Files On-Demand is a great new feature in Windows 10 Fall Creator’s Update that can save gigabytes of disk space, works by allowing users to completely browse and manage their files in OneDrive and SharePoint Online team sites without having to. Using this and other techniques, you can free up tons of disk space. Then here the below mention blog steps will guide you in the proper way on How to Save disk space in Windows 10 with OneDrive Files On-Demand?, so you can easily do it, or you can approach with us at dialing to Windows Support Number to getting easy online help.
Steps to Save disk space in Windows 10 with OneDrive Files On-Demand:-
Step 1:- Set up OneDrive on Your Device
First, you should set up OneDrive on your device in advance to turn on the feature. To sign-in, open the OneDrive app from the Start Menu and continue with the setup steps.
Step 2:- Enable Files On-Demand on Windows 10 FCU
- Right-click the “OneDrive” icon in the “Notifications area”.
- Go to “Settings” option from the drop-down menu.
- Under the “Settings” tab, tick the checkbox which says “Save space and download files as you use them” to turn on the feature and free up disk space on your machine.
- Click ‘Ok” button to save and continue.
Step 3:- Ensure That It’s Working in File Explorer
- After you enable the feature, you can check that it’s working in File Explorer >OneDrive folder.
- Then a cloud status icon makes attached to the files and folders which are online-only. Thus, you can disable the on-demand feature by following the same steps.
- To mark a file or folder as online-only, go the “OneDrive” folder, right-click the file and click “Free Up Space” in the context menu.
- The files that you have created online or on other devices are online-only by default.
- In case you wish a file to be available offline on your current device, click “Always keep on this device” option.
- Make sure that one thing is that turning on “OneDrive Files On-Demand” for one Windows 10 PC won’t enable it across all of your devices. These settings are tied individually to your devices.
Step 4:- Change You Make to the Online-Only Files
- One thing is not to recommend by the Windows customer support team of certified professionals, that you use the Files on-demand feature if your internet bandwidth is limited as any change you make to the online-only files would cost you valuable data.
- As an alternative, you can check out Google’s Backup & Sync tool which automatically syncs the folders on your hard drive.
Now you can use the OneDrive feature to free up hard drive on your Windows 10 PC and share your experience in the comments.
Related Blog: How to Fix the “AP Mode Not Supported” Error Windows 10?
In case you have any issue to follow the above steps, then you can contact at Windows Customer Support Number to connect with skilled technicians for immediate guidance.
Call us at +18449970355
Windows Customer Service Phone Number for Immediate Help
You can call at Windows 10 Support Phone Number, Dial +1-844-997-0355 which is available 24×7 days for your assistance. The number will help you to connect with us, as we are independent Windows customer support service providers and backed by a team of the well-experienced and capable technicians, who will help you to fix Windows technical issues or errors in an easy way. So why you are waiting for here! Just pick your phone and contact at the toll-free number, accessible round the clock and get the hasty support for Windows troubles.