Are you working with the Windows 10 and it was just yesterday. But now, while working with this device, you’re unexpectedly greeted with error code 0xc0000034 which appears as a message Boot Configuration Data file is missing. According to Windows Tech Support engineers, the Boot Configuration Data error usually occurs while the Windows Boot Manager (Bootmgr) entry is not at all present in the Boot Configuration Data (BCD) store or it may even occur when the Boot\BCD file on the active partition is completely damaged or missing. So, at this point of time the Windows system is not in stage to perform the boot function properly.
But the good news about it is that the saved data will not be lost at all, and one can get it all back. Users are guided to have an access to a DVD or a USB stick containing Windows installation media. One can also download a utility from an official site to easily create one for you.
Steps to fix Boot configuration data file is missing error in Windows 10
Fix 1: This method clearly is based on working with the installation purpose of the Windows Installation Media for Startup Repair phase
- Boot the system with the help of a newly created Windows Installation Media.
- Next, users are advised by Windows Customer Support professionals to select the type of language, time, currency, and keyboard/input method.
- Once the set-up process is done, simply click the Next icon.
- Now users are advised to hit the Repair button on the computer (NOT Install Windows) and opt for the Troubleshoot icon.
- Click on the advanced option and then simply hit the Automatic Repair or Startup Repair icon to proceed further.
- When the system has accurately detected the OS, just pick up the one which is running on the PC.
- Finally, unplug the USB or even one can easily remove the DVD bootable media and boot up the device.
Fix 2: This process is purely based on rebuilding the Windows Boot Manager Store by using Bcdedit.exe tool. In case the previous method did not work out with you, just move onto this step.
- Plug-in the USB or inset the DVD with the Windows Installation Media and boot up the PC carefully.
- After that, hit a key as and when required to do so
- Set the Language, time, currency, keyboard/input method, and then hit the Next button.
- Select the Repair your PC (NOT install Windows) option next.
- Selection of the type of OS which you wish to fix is necessary. Hit the Next button.
- When the System Recovery Option is in execution phase, simply select Command Prompt icon.
- Type the required command in the Command Prompt window by simply hitting the ENTER key
For Instant Help Call +18449970355 Windows 7 Customer Support Number
Fix your Windows issue Boot Configuration Data File Is Missing in Windows by getting in touch with our Windows 7 Customer Support +1-844-997-0355 expert team. We are available 24 hours 365 days in a year to assist you anytime anywhere as and when needed.