The Windows Activation error 0x8007007b occurs when there is an issue trying to activate your Windows device. This error message is further displayed as “The filename, directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect.” Users while facing this issue are advised to navigate to the control panel section. Other causes of this Windows error are when anyone is using a volume-licensed media to install their Windows 7, 8, and 10 and at the time of installing Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 and 2012. But, we are fortunate enough to have myriad of ways that are helpful in resolving this issue.
Steps to fix Windows Activation error 0x8007007b
All these steps are based on manual methods that are highly efficient in resolving the issue.
Step 1: Un-installation of recently installed software
- Navigate to the “Control Panel, choose “Uninstall a program” next
- Right-click on the application which you wish to uninstall and then tap on “Uninstall” button.
Step 2: Run a Windows update
- It is advised to run a Windows update to eliminate Windows Activation error 0x8007007b faster
- Click on “Start” icon and then type “windows update” message in the search box
- Next, click on “check for update” option.
Step 3: Run System File Checker
- System File Checker is highly advised for users as it helps people to scan all the damaged system files and then fix it automatically. Get rid of all the available bad system files to avoid getting trouble in future
- Click on the “Start” button and type “CMD “message in the search box.
- Right-click on the “CMD” command and then run as an “administrator” .
- At the command prompt section, you are suggested to type “sfc /scannow “ command, and then hit “enter” button:
Step 4: Log on windows in Safe mode
- For better results, it is always suggested for users to log on the Windows system in “safe mode” with the help of “Networking” process and check for any kind of existing errors.
- Click on the “Start” button, type “MSCONFIG” message and then hit the “Boot from the pop up dialog” icon.
- Tick the “Safe Boot” option which is located in the “Boot” section, and select the “Network” icon to “reboot the PC” next.
For Instant Help Call +18449970355 Microsoft Customer Support TollFree Number
If you still have issues in solving Windows error code then, get in touch with us at Windows Customer Support +1-844-997-0355 section to get prompt results. We bring you the best-in-class market solutions at your doorstep